Word of the Day by UrbanDictionary

3/18/08

Stuck in a Purple Haze


Recently I've been in love with the color purple. Purple shirts, purple converse, purple headbands. Purple, purple, purple. So of course when I stopped by the drugstore and saw purple eyeshadow I had to have it.

I think what drove me to buy purple is that spring is almost here and I read somewhere that purple not only brightens your eyes but makes brown eyes pop.

I bought Wet n Wild's Mega Eyes and EyeGlide by Revlon. Two basically similar colors of purple lavender but in different forms. The eyeshadow from Wet n Wild wasn't glittery but more of a shimmer. It also lasted through the night, through dancing, drinks and after hour partying.

EyeGlide comes in a stick and has a creamy texture. It's sort of like a lip balm for your eyes. It has a spongy tip with holes at the top. You choose how much you want by turning the bottom. The only thing you have to watch is putting too much on. With too much the eyeshadow gathers at the crease of your eye and doesn't look so cute. It also smudges more than the eyeshadow.

Next up...I just ordered an eyeliner from Avon in eggplant :) I won't OD on the purple though, purple eyeshadow & liner together?...that would be a NO.

Oh yes, before I forget. For the eyeshadow : Photobucket

For the creamy shadow Photobucket

No comments: