Word of the Day by UrbanDictionary

3/22/08

Ahh so clever

Yep you got me. Your catchy commercials with Shakira and Madonna songs. Your colors that pop down the aisles: shades of blues, pink, purples, yellows. Those color/bottle combinations for every problem or Your bottle in different shapes. The inexpensive pricing. Oh yes Sunsilk you got me. I bought some of your products. Your good, you're really good.......at marketing. At making a good product? not so much.

Photobucket

See the catchy colors? See the models that look like they're having a blast? The nice font that matches the colors? Easy-to-Read descriptions.

Let's start with Sunsilk's Hydra TLC 24/7 Creme aka the pink bottle.


It has Nutra-Keratin in it which I assume makes your hair less wild. It claims to give you "soft hair that flows together". What sold me is that its a mousse/gel hybrid, bringing you the best of both worlds. Or so I thought. I don't like mousse because it weighs my hair down and I don't like gel because it leaves my hair crunchy. Hair shouldn't crunch.

The only thing I do like about mousse and gel is that they can hold my hair in place when I need it.

Sunsilk's Hydra TLC left my hair fluffy. Sure it was a tad softer but I do not want fluffy hair. Fluffy hair reminds me of the 80's crazy voluminous hair days. Fluffy hair is another form of frizzy hair but only with a little conditioner in it. A fluff ball....yeah that's what my hair looked like.....like a big fluffly cloud. No thank you.

Next up, Sunsilk's Anti-Flat Weightless Volumizing Creme

This one comes with "Collagen-C". ooooooohhh ahhhhhhhh. I don't know what that is but sounds good, right? I liked the claim of "visible oomph without that crunchy feel" sold!

The Anti-Flat is another hybrid from Sunsilk. It's the combination of a conditioner and a mousse. It felt more like a leave-in than a mousse. This is what your hair would feel like if you left conditioner on instead of rinsing it off.

Softness? a little.

Hold? not really

I give both:



Photobucket

No comments: