Word of the Day by UrbanDictionary

3/18/08

Garnier Fructis Deep Conditioner

I'm always skeptical of deep conditioners. My hair is like the Sahara desert and I am always trying new conditioners. I've tried conditioners from the $2 range up to $40. Anything more is a waste of money. After all, that stuff is just going to rinse off after a couple of minutes, right?
Photobucket
When I saw the Fructis Fortifying Deep Conditioner that claimed to make your hair 5x stronger and 5x smoother well I just had to try it. Anytime I hear these unbelievable claims it reminds me of those really old commercials from the 40's where they had a magical fixer elixir potion claiming to rid you of all that ails you.

When I say my hair is like the Sahara I mean it. Without conditioner, serums, and regular trims my hair would look like straw. I've been dyeing it since junior high. I also have naturally curly frizzy hair that I straighten / blow dry every day. I use one day a week to try to bring it back to life and using deep conditioners and hair masques work.

Fructis Deep Conditioner has a nice smell and texture to it. I usually leave deep conditioners for 20 minutes wrapped in a shower cap to lock in moisture and heat up the conditioner (a tip I learned from a hairdresser). Fructis didn't have that wow factor. It just felt like I left a regular conditioner on for an extra while, a really good regular conditioner.
Photobucket
Would I try it again? Sure. A friend, who has perfect hair by the way, claims it left her hair feeling soft and shiny. She really liked it but then again her hair is perfect even with regular conditioner.....well maybe not suave conditioner.

Is Fructis D.C. my staple deep conditioner? nope, I found something better.

Stay tuned.

No comments: