Word of the Day by UrbanDictionary

3/10/08

Sheercover

I bought Sheercover about two months ago. I have never bought anything from an infomercial even though I've come pretty close. Maybe it was because I had extra cash in my bank account, or it sounded like a good idea, or that I had a huge pimple just about to surface.

The infomercial had a special running. If you bought within the next 5 minutes (yeah right! im sure they show this every hour) you would get a 9 piece kit.

Photobucket

The kit comes with :

*TWO Mineral Foundations (I chose the shades Buff & Latte)
*Duo concealer (I chose light/medium)
*Extra Length Mascara (Black / Brown)
*Travel brush kit
*Foundation brush
*Concealer brush
*Eyeshadow brush
*Lip & Eyeshadow kit

Plus

* Moisturizer
*Cleanser

HOOK! LINE! SINKER!

Once they announced the slashed price of $29.95 and the free gifts I was sold.

I was more excited to try the concealer & foundations than anything else. That girl with the huge birthmark left quite an impression on me. I have a few freckles, sunspots and blemishes so I thought this would definitely help cover those tiny flaws. So lets start the review:

Concealer
Photobucket

It was creamy but maybe not the right shade for me. I ended up using more of the medium side than the light. I like the way it melts with your skin but it did not hide any freckles or sunspots on my skin. I guess to hide those I would have to dab a mound on my cheek but then what do I hide the mound with?

Mineral Foundations
Photobucket
In the cd included in your packet they show you how to put on your products. I've been doing this since I was 10 so I really don't need instructions. At first I made a blend of the two but as I spent more days out in the sun I used the darker shade more. I did notice a sparkle and it didn't cake up on my skin. It felt like I had nothing on making me doubt if I actually did put powder on. So points to SC for that.
Photobucket


Brushes
Photobucket

I love these brushes! I've been meaning to get new ones so its cool they were included.

Mascara
Photobucket

It was eh! I've seen better at CVS

Travel Brush Kit
Photobucket

It didn't work. I wasted more powder trying to fill this brush than it coming out. You fill it from the back, you close it and use the brush on the go. It's still at the bottom of my makeup case. Forget it.

Lip & Eyeshadow kit
Wayyyyy too much sparkle for me. I felt like I should get up on a stage and twirl around. They say to use it to highlight. Yeah its like a hi-lighter alright.

Moisturizer & Cleanser
Photobucket

Nothing spectacular here. Just like other good brand cleansers & moisturizers. They didn't dry out my face. That's a plus.


(drumroll)

Photobucket
4/5 nailpolishes.

Sheercover was satisfactory. I didn't hate and I didn't love it. I wasn't happy with the concealer and was ok with the foundations. I cancelled my account a few days ago before my next automatic shipment.

I'm really interested in trying BareMinerals as a comparison.

They do have a guarantee. You can return your stuff, even if its empty, if you're unhappy and get money back. For now I'm gonna stick with what I have. I paid for it so i'm gonna ride it out.

Click picture below to try.

No comments: