Word of the Day by UrbanDictionary

4/1/08

Women of Color?


When I first saw this "Women of Color" I thought it meant Not White. I guess I would fit that category. According to wikipedia I'm right but according to Pantene I'm wrong.

Pantene has this new line called

Relaxed & Natural for Women of Color
.

When I first saw this I was excited. Finally a product that is geared toward those of us who have thick or thin, frizzy & fuzzy, curly unruly dry hair. For those of us who aren't caucasian, those of us who don't have stick straight fine hair.

Yes! Jojoba oil you say? Never tried it but ok. Coconut oil? oooo sounds interesting! Pro-Vitamins? always!

It's a cream moisturizer that's supposed to be put on after you shower. So I did.

I felt like taking another shower after.

This stuff left my hair feeling OILY. My curls looked like they had been licked by a cow. My hair felt dirty, felt heavy, felt icky.

So I guess I'm not a woman of color? Did you mean to say African American Pantene? Why didn't you just put that on the front of your product?!?!

A google search of this product only shows black girls promoting this. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's non-black girls out there who use this product, maybe even love it. I'm not one of them.

Photobucket

No comments: