Word of the Day by UrbanDictionary

4/6/08

Another embarrassing moment

Don't you just love embarrassing moments? I guess you have to let those years pass when you can look back and laugh. I still kinda cringe at my lip balm moment.

As you know and have read (or will read) I am addicted to lip balm. At the very site of dry lips I can reach in my pocket, my purse, my desk or my car for a lip balm. I love them and can't leave the house without them. Whenever I see one I have to buy it especially when its on sale.

So one day I'm shopping in Bath & Body Works, restocking my supply of lotions. FYI this is a great place for impersonal gifts. Who doesn't have ashy hands? Plus it seems like whenever I go they are having their annual sale.

But anyways I digress. I stop by their Burt's Bees section and see this:



I've tried other lip balms by Burt's Bees and liked them. So when I see this I have to try it. It was the middle of summer and I had been to the beach several days and thought this would come in handy since its "Lifeguard's Choice". It also said it was for "Sun & Snow".

I'm at school one day and its the middle of midterm week. I've had little sleep and I'm coming down with the "Exam Cold". You know that "cold" that comes from stressing out over exams? You have all they symptoms, you feel like crap, you look like s**t and you just push through. The minute you finish your last exam you miraculously clear up and feel 100% normal? Yeah that cold.

So I have this cold and make my way down to the student clinic to pick up my prescription. Let me remind you that I look like I just woke up and threw whatever was clean on. I look like I've been living out of a dumpster. No, this isn't the embarrassing part because everyone around looks like me....well not exactly. Most of them look like they took a shower except for me :(

As I'm heading through the middle of campus I apply my new Burt's Bees Weatherproofing Lip Balm. My lips are dry and here's a chance to try it out. As I walk through the most busiest part of campus (its the easiest & shortest route) I notice that people are staring at me.

Ok so I look a little dirty, so what?! What the hell?! Sorry but I've been cramming my brain with about 12 books worth of information!!! Grr.

I enter the student clinic and wait patiently for my turn up to the window. That's when I get the weirdest stares. People are staring at me in disgust. Like I have hives on my face or something. Then when I go up to the window the guy looks at me like I have a disease and its staring at him in the face.

Wow I must really look bad if people don't even want to sit by me. Do I smell? Do I have something stuck on my face? Oh no, do I have some kind of sock or old bra stuck to me?

As I rush into the bathroom I see that my lips are WHITE as if I had put some kind of paint on them. This is the image that pops into my head. This is what I look like:
Greeeeeat! I looked like a crack addict.

I still cringe whenever I think about that moment. How embarrassing! All I want to know is Who is the target market for this product? only lifeguards? Who in their right mind wears this lip balm Burt's Bees? This lip balm that is as white as chalk. This lip balm that does not blend or fade but only sticks out like you just put super white Elmer's glue on your lips.


Photobucket

No comments: