Word of the Day by UrbanDictionary

4/22/08

A Simple Pimple

Nothings simple not even my pimple. This planet that's growing on the side of my face is due not to oily skin, dirty skin, bad foundation but (tun tun tun) hormones! eeeeeek..........yep those pesky hormones sneak in and grow into mini jupiter to taunt & tease me and shout to the world "look over here! right here! look at me! loooook!!!"

I'm not a teenager anymore but every now and then I get a huge HUGE pimple right on my face. It reminds me of that episode on Family Guy, the one where Chris has a zit named Doug the pimple. It's a hilarious episode. Except mine isn't talking or conceiving an evil plan.....not yet anyways.


Being a self-proclaimed product junkie I've tried everything from ProActive to Noxzema, from expensive creams, masks and ointments to home remedies. Nothing has worked better than a home remedy.

So here it is. My handy dandy simple pimple home remedy plan. I'm not sure where I collected these remedies but they work.

Just a note this worked for ME and it may not work for you.

If you're a pimple popper then STOP. Popping pimples only leaves scars and can lead to infection. When I can't resist and must pop the white I get out my skin care tool from Sephora like the Double-Ended Blemish Extractor. One side pops the whiteheads, the other cleans the blackheads. I love this thing-a-ma-jig.

Now if I have a huge nasty pimple I use two home remedies. They both work, it all depends on what I have at home.

The first, is simple: An Onion. I cut a big chunk and tape it to my pimple for about 20 minutes. I don't know how it works but it does. It dries out my pimple and the swelling automatically goes down. The white puss dries out and the red only stays for a few hours.

The second is white tooth paste. It has to be Paste, no fancy gels or teeth brighteners or mini crystals. Just simple white paste. I dab a small amount on the pimple before I go to bed and it dries it out completely.

I always make sure I clean my face before and after. I also disinfect my little sephora tool too. I don't want any nasty germs creating a colony on my face.

If you want to see the Family Guy "Brian the Bachelor" episode click below. Trust me its freakin funny. You won't ever see a pimple the same way.


No comments: